Friday 3 February 2012

It's been awhile

I remember this feeling when I started my other blog...a very old and personal blog!...but having no readers is NO fun! but at the same time, I worked hard at weeding out all the weirdos and now years later I was boiled down to 2 or 3 faithful readers....which makes it 2 or 3 more that read this blog! haha yikes!

So, I am not sure who or how I will let this blog out into the wide world, but I decided I will keep on writing. I will let this blog be more open and not be so private and freaked out by "lurkers" as I like to call them!

So my favorite new books that I have been reading lately is!!!!
RECIPE BOOKS!

One of my goals in 2012 is to start eating healthy and yummier meals. I feel like I have learned a few new recipes lately...one that I can't stop talking about is: Dilly Pork Stir Fry
This link is the exact recipe I used, and I didn't make it alone, so I will add a few little notes/adjustments that me and my fave guy made to it!
*we used chicken instead of pork.....we used 4 fresh chicken breasts.....it turned out to be more meat so the sauce wasn't really sauce, it was more coating.....but still tasty!
*this was the first time I ever used leeks! (tasty!!!) and basically just bought a fresh bunch and did exactly as the recipe said...slice up the white part!
*I added my fave ingredient....a few sliced up green onions, just because I can't resist!
*we probably could have doubled the sauce, but it was very tasty to me!
*We made basmanti rice to go with it in a rice cooker!

I was very pleased and I have looked through a few other recipe books to get some yummy ideas! I am not sure how "healthy" this is as it was about 300 calories for one serving, not to mention the rice! But we had fresh strawberries for dessert and all in all it felt very fresh and the snow peas were my favorite part....but the dill flavour was second and the leeks were third!

holler back if you try it!

1 comment:

  1. recipe books...I heart recipe books:). Do I count as one of your faithfuls?
    Will you share your blog on my blog when you do your guest post? I think you should!

    ReplyDelete