Friday 26 April 2013

HO....HEY!!!

I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart
I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweet

Oh love songs.....you get me every time. Especially listening to THIS VERSION OF THIS SONG! (CLICK TO ENJOY). After an intense week, I am filled with love and a calm and just a feeling of satisfaction. Everything is the way it should be. Things are moving forward, things are looking brighter. I belong where I am and I would not change a thing in the world.

I was wondering this week where I belong. Things are so up in the air. I'm a sub teacher that moves along from classroom to classroom every day. I have tupperwares stuffed under my mom's stairs, inside their barn, in Kristi's barn, and in every nook and cranny of my apartment. My church has broken up and things are changing all around me. 

But when I listen to this song it reminds me that I DO belong somewhere! I belong with Danny. Wherever he is, will be my new home. And we are actually closing on our very first NEW HOME today! Today we will have a place to put all our things and to start our new life together. 

But beyond that, even if we DIDN'T....I do have assurance that even when things all around me are uncertain I am secure in the love that I am in CHRIST and HE is in ME! So often I have looked to Danny to {Complete me...thanks to Jerry Maguire}....and I've looked to my friendships, work, church, or even being financially secure as ways of feeling like I'm on a firm foundation....But this week I was reminded through sermons, books, and conversations that no one and nothing can complete me or satisfy me except for GOD. And once God is in His right place...then everything else falls in line and things make sense again.

So I am grateful for the gift of belonging. 

Philippians 4:7 Contemporary English Version (CEV)

Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel.

1 comment: