Tuesday 1 January 2013

A fresh new start and some resolutions

I adore making lists and ideas and plans and hopes and dreams.....

pretty sure that is how most of my January 1st blogs and journal entries start because it is VERY true! I looooooooooove intentions! I love new plans of how to succeed!! I have the worst follow through and self control and I am not the most ambitious girl but I love to make these lists so I do and I will and I will keep looking back on all the years to try to see where and when I can see the little steps of improvement!

1. I want to read my Bible more consistently. I want to be intentional in writing out my prayers and listening to sermons when I get ready in the morning and waking up so I can start the day with at least a thought from C.S. Lewis or Oswald Chambers. I really want to read more C.S Lewis books and re-read at least some of my favorite parts of Soren Ks gems.

2. I want to be healthier inside and out in my body, mind and spirit...this is really big and hard to measure so what I mean is that I want to work out a little every day, I want TRUTH to be in my heart and I want to fill my mind with what is GOOD.

3. I want to be a better friend to the friends who live away. I want to visit the friends who live near us at least once a month. I want to babysit for all the littles of my friends/sisters and I want to play games with our families more.

4. I want to eat healthier and maybe even make a weekly plan so I can SEE how I am eating and plan it out! Maybe this will even help to save more money and freeze more meals to take to work.



5. I want to be wiser with my money. I want to spend one morning a week reading about finances (starting with this book---->) and using this program (it's free if anyone is looking for an online budget/money chart type of thing) I want to save more and give more and find ways to earn more!




6. I want to pray more intentionally for my church and actually DO something. One of my dreams is to start a blog for my church. There. I said it out loud so now maybe I will follow through on it. I want to be more involved in relationships there and maybe try to invite more people over for lunch or share meals or spend time with them after church and during the week and attend more events that our church offers.

7. I want to find a part time job for Saturdays to save money for my wedding and then to put directly on my debt. I want to work hard as a sub teacher and a tutor and with my birthday parties but also use my free time to be active and challenge myself to find creative ways to make money.

8.  I want to please God and serve Jesus....in every day life

9. I want to learn to be the best wife I can be to Danny. I want to listen more, interrupt less, serve more, love more, give more, show kindness, grace and gentleness in my speech and actions toward the man who loves me more than anyone in the world. I want to pray for him and lift his needs to Jesus first and think of myself less. I want to care about the things he does and spend time with the people he loves. I want to accept his love and not be insecure or doubtful and to think and believe the best in and about him.

10. I want to read more and watch TV less (This is gonna be hard!)

2 comments:

  1. Good ones, Erin! I could pretty much put 'ditto' to most of what you wrote...I love reading your resolutions. and its such a good way to look back and see changes...not to beat ourselves up for any things we didn't do, but...to see progress...and to be reminded...its all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Er!! If you want to visit and babysit for the littles of your far away friends you are welcome! haha jk - i know that is nowhere near the budget at the minute.
    If you need some meal planning tips I can hook you up - you know I am a bit OCD with planning! love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete