Wednesday 10 July 2013

Beautiful Book: The Power of a Praying Wife

When you get married, there is a lot of overwhelming things that happen in a really condensed period of time. Visits from your favorite people, Planning the biggest dinner party of your life for all your wedding guests, the lists, the calls, the bills!!! And then you also receive love like you never have before. I was completely blessed with 3 showers before my wedding. The first was with Danny's family (cousins and aunts and my mom and sister and DANNY!) and we received the most beautiful and practical gifts that we use every day! I love thinking of the person who gave it to us when I use it and I am trying to make sure I can remember those things by writing them all out in a little journal that I can look back in years to come. Then my mom held the sweetest tea party for me at her house with so many women I love and admire! I was so happy to be in that room that day and was again completely OVERWHELMED by the generous and thoughtful things I got!  And then one of my favorite nights was my (tame) Bachelorette and all my favorite girls were in attendance (minus 2 bridesmaids) and that was really special too! One gift that I received in the mail from a dear Prairie friend/blogger (http://thisgraciouslife.blogspot.ca/) is this book below.  I have been really excited to use it in the mornings! I still need a bit better time management to get it done every day, but even just a paragraph is great to get my mind in the right mode for the day! 

I love to pray as I drive to work and even though its not that long of a drive, its the perfect way for me to start my day. I am trying to be faithful to pray for my husband every day, but this book takes it to a WHOLE new level! Its the perfect book to read for me right now and is definitely a humbling book to read as you realize the HUGE gift it is to be a wife and I have a HUGE desire to be a GREAT not just a good wife to Danny! Anyways. I definitely recommend this book and would love to hear feedback of other great books that are inspiring my readers (I think there are a grand total of 3 now! hahaha)

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I haven't read it but would LOVE to! Ill have to look for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check it out, too...I'm so so so happy for you being a wife!! I'm sure you're an amazing one! I can't wait to see you two lovebirds!!! I'm so thankful for you and your prayers for US...its such an amazing ministry, praying for people...thank you. love you, sistie.

    ReplyDelete