Friday 16 August 2013

Conflict Magnet

I actually do not like talking to people openly and honestly about things that annoy me about THEM but I have heard my fair share over the years of what I do that annoy some people! But recently (maybe since being married, lol!!) I've had more conflict then usual! What have I learned from it?
1. If I think about it, stew about it, worry about it, journal about it....instead of directly talking about it.....IT MAKES IT WORSE!
2. When I get it out there, even though it stings in the beginning, its ALWAYS better!
3. There is a TONE....there is a sharpness that Danny's made me notice that I use, and of any one in the world He hears it most, that I am getting used to realizing I use alot! I am not always (or maybe, EVER) graceful when he tells me I'm using it....but I am definitely aware of it now and slowly learning how to avoid it!
4. I am maybe not a conflict avoider....maybe more of a magnet, but at least its really showing me how to deal with things that bother me!
5. I still have ALOT to learn! There are still situations that make me mad *that are in the PAST now, but make me boil up when I think about them* that I need to deal with! I am slowly but surely becoming more sensitive to God's heart to me and that shows me how to love and accept other people. 

Anyways. I am sitting in my freshly cleaned floor, looking at my freshly laid living room floor and remembering how much my dear husband loves me! I love him too! And I do love to get along and have peace with the person I love the most! On another note: Here's a few pictures of our Living Room Progress from Day One to now!!!
We had alot of help taking off our border, painting the ceiling and laying down the floor!
Pink Carpet!

We took out the built in shelf, and I am dreaming about a HUGE bookshelf there some day!



Danny and I just went to town one night at about 8 pm and tore up the carpet and staples!!!

 Messy spot!
We are still waiting for 2 more blinds to complete our window to be in stock!!! hope they come soon!

Old dirty floor.....(above) 
Nice new dark brown click flooring! We wanted real wood, but we will wait for our next dream house!

And our new couch will be here next week so we still have alot to do to decorate this room and make it feel like home, but its coming!!!


1 comment:

  1. Love your sweet house -- you've done more work in 2 months than we have in 4 years!! Good job!! And I love you...and am proud of you for how you handle conflict...always better to get things out in the open, even if painful...we are both learning that!

    ReplyDelete