Thursday 1 August 2013

Brothers

I'm so glad I have brothers! I am a little nostalgic this morning as there is a huge event happening in my littlest brothers life this weekend! He's getting married! I feel like this is surreal! Its crazy knowing that 2 months ago all this magic and preparation and jitters and stress was MY life and now its me looking on as Mike and Ally wrap up their final details! I feel amazed that our family has celebrated these 2 weddings so close and the HUGE effort that has been made by everyone is truly a GIFT and a BLESSING!

Kristi and Jay are travelling home for a whirlwind trip from New York.
Matt's flying in (second time this summer) from Toronto.
Lori and Brian are trying to manage celebrating Brian's 50th anniversary and then cruising down to make it in time for the Rehearsal dinner.
Mom has made (literally) a FREEZER full of goodies and meals and treats for the next few days that would be a feat that would knock you off your feet if you tried to do it! hahaha
Dad was mowing the lawn last night and making last minute adjustments to his Weed..ahem...Veggie Garden!

And I am trying to just support my mama as she tries to not forget anything!

I'm remembering my own wedding week and the UNBELIEVABLE support I received from my family and friends. I didn't even have to ask. My friends and family just swooped in and wrapped up any details and did things to this day I probably am STILL not aware they did for me!

My brothers helped me down the aisle. They opened the doors, helped me down the steps (so I didn't trip) and supported us down the aisle (just in case either my dad or I stumbled! hahha) Over the years these MEN have become my favorite people to be with. I am ashamed sometimes when I remember how we treated eachother. How World War 3 would ensue if one of us didn't top up the gas that we put in the night before (typically a $5 debt). I remember not letting Matt borrow my Lion King soundtrack and when Mike was a little boy I'd turn out the lights so he'd be scared and hug me! (Isn't that terrible?) OH man Brothers are just something that not every one gets to experience and when you have them you really know what a blessing (even when it feels like a curse!) they can be.

I really do admire my brothers. They are both smart, intelligent, athletic, funny and generous. I can't tell you the amount of times my brother Matt slipped me money when I was poor. He loves to give and although he used to be stingy with gas money...hahaha...that has certainly changed and he can hardly accept a 5 mile drive from me without throwing cash on my dashboard! Danny was shocked the first time he hung out with me and my little bro Mike together! We looooove to tease (harshly joke???) eachother and I just can't help myself...I revert back into this crazy silly immature Sister when I'm around him. Danny has said over and over to me "You really love Mike." I'm glad it shows. I know I am crazy and weird and fake-fight him all the time but I would do anything for that guy! I am so proud of him. He is so smart, level headed and wise for his age! He reads more than anyone I know (except maybe my Mom) and has found a TREASURE in his almost-wife Alyson! She is the perfect match for him! I am so excited to see how their wedding unfolds and to live so close to them as a married couple is a gift that I am so thankful for!

I love my family and I am so grateful for them all!

1 comment:

  1. ohhh -- this is sweet, Erin...and...they are awesome guys, those brothers...I'm so proud of them, too...I love our fam...flaws and all...I love reading your thoughts...I love you.

    ReplyDelete