Tuesday 24 September 2013

A Weekend Getaway

When I look at this picture...It really makes me amazed that this is a place of beauty is so close. I don't have to take a plane or book a cruise or pay thousands of dollars to step onto this beautiful shore...its here. This is my kindred spirit's favorite beach...Sandy Cove...Its about a 20 minute drive from Halifax...which translates about a 3 hour drive from PEI. 

I spent my first weekend away from Danny...but got to spend it with Julie and we got to explore this beautiful little treasure. 

How did I feel prior to the trip?
well....a little homesick, already

(And I know that its a no brainer! OF COURSE! Take time to be apart. Let yourselves MISS eachother. Invest in your friends. Expand your world! Get off that Island if you can!!! BREATHE! TRAVEL! and for goodness sakes, Just have FUN!)

****I know all these things in my brain, but my heart struggles! 

But...even though I was REALLY homesick...I know I did the right thing! Even that short little break: to visit the beach, sit on GIANT Nova Scotian rocks, see a pretty little lighthouse and share hearts with my kindred... was worth it! She was pretty busy this weekend so the rest of it was spent either with people she loves, waiting for her to be done work, or spending some time with HER favorite person (Greg)! It was totally worth it! I am so thankful that I went. Although it was a bit hard for me to be away from Danny...and I will be honest, we did struggle in making it work! I experienced a beautiful weekend, got some pumpkin spice lattes, had the most delish INDIAN food ever with Greg and Julie, watched some funny movies, and got to see Julie's (busy) life up close! 

What did I learn?
Well as a couple, we learned to clearly communicate our needs to eachother....But I learned that I need to be a bit more graceful in communicating my needs. Being away does cost a little in the short term, but coming home is always GOOD! It helps us appreciate eachother more and appreciate BEING together more too!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got away and had fun. Wish I was close enough that you could come see me for a weekend visit. Love ya

    ReplyDelete