Thursday 24 October 2013

Morning Miracle

I love charts, lists, spreadsheets, forms and anything that makes it visually easier to see information. Nerd alert???
I'd say so.

Anyways. I've already pushed (MINT) on my reader (maybe, readers??) and to recap quickly, its an amazing FREE website that helps visually organize and budget your money. Its great.

So Subbing hasn't really been the greatest in the past 2 weeks...circumstances due to Thanksgiving, Teacher Convention, and maybe teachers are healthy??? I don't know. I just want to work. And last night I made a huge chart to compare subbing from last year to this year...and the numbers don't lie. I am not making millions by any stretch of the imagination. Its alarming actually how few days I get when I look at it on paper.

I'm not really encouraged and I am scared that I am going to have to walk away. We had a pretty big conversation about it last night and I went to sleep with a few sad tears in my eyes wondering what the future holds for me.

This morning I woke up sending emails, researching and trying to make something happen for myself. I sent a spur of the moment email out to my prayer warrior friends and SECONDS later...I was assigned work. SECONDS! LITERALLY!

I don't know what that means, but for today it encourages me. I want to sub more than anything. I wish I could send an email to every teacher and principal on PEI to tell them how MUCH I want this. I would do anything to have work every day of the week and would travel anywhere to make it happen. But for now I have to just do what I can.

So today I work.

Praying for work for tomorrow, but one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. ohhh, i'm so glad you got work today, I know how much you want to work!!! I do hope you can somehow find some peace in whatever work you get or don't get...knowing you have been trusting Him and following Him...He knew this was how it would be for you in 2013...yet He still wanted you to go to school to get your BEd....so...He makes no mistakes...He's got you...I hope He continues to teach you and give you more and more reason to know He is good and can be trusted...and that you can enjoy even the days you DON'T get 'work'...knowing He still has other purposes for you, even if you're not making tons of CASH...I barely make anything...but I don't want to believe my worth is tied up in a paycheck...and yours isn't either. you are a great wife, and sister and friend...I love you.

    ReplyDelete