Monday 4 November 2013

Twinkle Lights and other blessings

When I was younger, I used to have a Christmas decorating contest with my brother, who lived next door over! We would put lights all over our room, with tacks sticking every which way, all around our windows and over our closet doors! We would have Christmas tunes blaring from our tape decks, most likely Marty Robbins or Boys II Men! Oh man, I am getting excited just thinking about it!

Its November, which means...CHRISTMAS IS A COMIN!!!!

But this year I had fun decorating my house for FALL/THANKSGIVING! I have pretty little twinkle lights in my kitchen and living room and almost as soon as the day starts I will turn them on and it will make me feel a 1000 times more excited!

We have been working away at our house and it feels cozy and I love being here. It's definitely my favorite place to be with Danny! So I will post a few updated pics so you can see how we are doing so far in our renos!

Kitchen:
Here it was in May:

  • with help from our friends and family we painted the ceiling, took down the wall paper, got a new table and chairs.....

  
Here it is in October: We still need to touch up a few spots on the ceiling and replace our "beautiful" chandelier but for the most part I feel pretty happy with our little kitchen! Down the road we may also change our flooring in the kitchen side, but pretty happy with our  wood floor for our dining room! 
 In May: (pardon the blurry pic) We had lots of supplies "decorating" our counters....

 In October: My twinkle lights made their appearance, and although I'd prefer fresh flowers as often as I can I like to keep the little pink ones there as well! I have some fake leaves around my window too! I'm still getting used to the LIME color of my walls, and was honestly a bit disappointed with the shade at first, but its cheerful and does give the room a more finished look then that wall paper for sure! Who knows, maybe some day I can tone it down to a lighter green, or I may just end up loving it!
Summer Fall


Living Room:
Before-May...........................................August...........................................

October..............................................
Before: May....................................................August.............................................................

 October............................................................................................................


Looking from the kitchen......
August.........................................................October............................................................
                             

 Our Bedroom: in May......
 and now in October...........................

This was my Gram/Papa Bredin's dresser and I refinished it! I was so happy it turned out so good!
Upstairs Bathroom in May.....and not yet done in October!!! (can't wait to show you when its done though!)
                      
Outside!!!First time walking through it in May....
And Celebrating Fall!!! but we still have a dirty gross step to clean up and tons of updates outside, but that will come!!!(We hope and pray, anyways!!!)

3 comments:

  1. It looks very pretty and sweet, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been hard at work!!! It looks very cozy and welcoming! So happy for you E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've done sooo much work, and it looks awesome!!! Can't wait to see it again -- every time I come, you've done something new! :) you're inspiring!

    ReplyDelete