Tuesday 18 March 2014

March Break!!!

My plans for March Break are to:

  • Paint this ugly room!!!


  • Visit with the Fam Jam! Especially day visits to town with  Kristi, Jonah and Levi! I already got to babysit my littlest nephew William this morning!


  •  Spend as much time as possible with this handsome fella! I appreciate this beautiful season we are in....first of all, Winter is a cozy time to be together inside, watching shows, making delish food, playing vids and even doing yoga sometimes! But also, I am so thankful for this season we get to be together. I just love coming home to him every night and knowing that besides a few activities that happen during the week (Small group, Volleyball/Basketball) Most nights we just have to be together. I love that.


Last weekend I was overjoyed to rediscover my old Xanga blog. I am telling you there was TONS of memories flowing through my brain and just re reading what I was doing/thinking about. I just missed so many of the people who had taken time to read and comment on my blog those years...it was seriously all the way back to 2004!!! That is INSANE! 10 years strong, baby! I have less readers then ever, but I don't mind so much. I think I write for myself, more than anything! 

Its such a great way to document life, its an edited life in some ways, but that's fine too! This blog is just one outlet of mine and I'm happy to have whoever reads it to know a little about me. 

There is so much more to me though, really! I wish I was the type to be brave and vulnerable, but I really don't find it necessary. I am thankful for a few people who hear my heart, and a handful of people who I can spend time with (mostly family, at this point!!) and beyond that I treasure the friends I have both near and far. I know life moves on, but I truly do treasure all those memories and reading xanga and looking at old pictures is just a little bitter sweet because I miss those friendships.

I may look through rose colored glasses, but I have thought a lot about those days at Prairie recently. Just being in a situation of focused study on God was amazing(whether it was a healthy bubble, or not... is not my point)  I truly loved the meetings, Bible studies, prayer times, classes, worship services, homework, Personal Position Papers, and just all the passion that I had devoted to studying and learning about God, the Bible, and Life as a Christian. I absolutely treasure Bible School, and even though the Student Loans are KILLING me almost a decade later, I know it was where I was supposed to build my foundation. I am so thankful I have been raised to cherish the Bible and I have so many friends who to this day love to read the Bible and participate in life with other Christians (whether that's in a church or school or home setting). I am thankful for friends who are currently all over the world serving Jesus. I am thankful for professors who ignited in me a passion that is still burning today. I am thankful for friends who loved to worship, study and pray together. 

Life is still great here. I love my life now. One word. Danny. I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. But I still long to connect with Christians who really love God. I'm glad that some of my mentors and examples of faith are found in my own family and siblings. That is a blessing. 

All that rambling to say. I look back with love and look forward with love and I'm thankful in this moment for the love I am living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment