Friday 18 April 2014

Celebration Days

After the long winter, you would not believe the happiness and joy that was felt on this little Island to have short sleeves! I was subbing in Jonah's school the other day and was standing with him and some of his little friends and they were all so hot so I was helping them take their winter jackets off! And forget about it at recess! I gave up trying to tell kids to keep their coats on!

Oh spring! We just love when you FINALLY arrive.

Plus spring means, birthday season comes. First we celebrated our special Jonah a few times!!! We are all stoked to share his gift of a WII!!! yes! You know the Bredins were rejoicing to have someone in the fam with our favorite video game system!

And this Wednesday was MY favorite guy's birthday! Hint: This guy!!!


We had the best night just doing everything Dan wanted! He usually does not like deciding what we do and is so easy going. But it was pretty easy to figure out what would bless his heart!!! 
VIDEO GAMES!
Bless his heart, we do spend quite a bit playing games on a regular day, but I don't always do it with a cheerful heart! But this day I tried my best and I rented a Monopoly game that was more my "speed". But truly I do feel so honored to love this man. I feel like every day I discover and feel so honored that I get to be HIS wife forever. I love love love doing things that make him happy, and he is so so so easy to make happy. He certainly loves me! hahah  

Now the next celebration is Easter Weekend, beyond the jam packed family time of Stretch EasterEgg Decorating, Bredin Progressive Supper, Bredin Sibling Hang, and Stretch Easter Hunt.....well lets just say there is so many blessings in this weekend but I want to remain focused on Jesus. 

One of my favorite stories I taught the kids last year in Sunday School was Palm Sunday and I loved re-reading the 4 accounts in the Gospels and noticing the details and repetition that was in all 4 books. 
I love Matthew's emphasis on the children praising Jesus and shouting praise
I love Mark's emphasis on the words that were said "Praise and Bless"
I love Luke's emphasis on other words that were said "Peace and Glory"
I love John's emphasis that MANY WENT OUT TO MEET HIM and explaining the MAIN reason why they were going was because of His miracles....and the Pharisees recognizing how the whole world "has gone after Him."

At our small group this week, we were recognizing just how FICKLE people are. From Sunday to Friday, their minds and hearts were changed, and praise the Lord that by SUNDAY again, some believed and recognized the TRUTH. HEARTS can change in a matter of a week and JESUS conquered Death.
I love hymns, and I'm the type that would prefer the "old tune" not some revamped version, but I do love this remix and I love how much truth and theology are found in these beautiful songs! Praise Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment