Thursday 29 May 2014

A Happy Day

This week I didn't have many days booked, incidentally only Tuesday and Friday...But I managed to fill my in between days with some sunshiney fun and with some special people. Kristi, Levi and I headed across the bridge (Stratford, that is) and found some amaze deals at No Frills...which means that Danny gets to eat his favorite fruit this week!! GRAPES! Delish! It was so nice to have one of those days "in town" when I haven't had one in awhile with those two. I got to spend extra alone time with Levi when Kristi got her hair cut, walking around Toys R Us and he was a perfect gentleman. Not one tear or temper when we had to leave. And today I woke up and anxiously checked to see if I had got work, and noticed that one of Danny's cousins was having a crisis cuz they didn't have a babysitter for the day so I got to practice at being a Stay-At-Home-Mom today with his adorable three year old. I seriously did have the best day with him. I managed to pull out all my bags of tricks, and improvised with a few extra walks to Tims and SaveEasy to pass the time. I think he had a great day cuz when I told him his Mom was going to pick him up soon, he said "No fair!!". That was so sweet, and Danny got home a bit earlier today too so we both got to hang with him. I think my heart melts a little more everytime I see Dan with little kids. They adore him!!

So tonight we celebrated little bro, not to mention LAST night too!! And I'm here in my quiet little house, since Dan headed out to his Thursday basketballgame. And I almost squealed into town to spend some of the money that is burning a hole in my pocket, but I was so proud of myself for turning around and realizing I didn't need to do that.

You see, some of my sweet Prairie Pals announced this week that they were Debt-Free. And I know they are not the only ones. I have other inspirations and have many friends who are great with money and save well and give up extras to "live like no one else" (Dave Ramsey). I am proud of my own husband who made so many sacrifices years ago living in Manitoba and working at a Nickel mine. He has given me a life I know I would never of had on my own. He has blessed me with so many things...beyond even the blessings of companionship and love...I am reminded all the time when I look at our house and know that this home is a gift. We are blessed to have a place that is ours.  So this week has been a sobering one to realize that although we have made a few changes in our lifestyle, there is MUCH to be done to get to a place that I can shout from the rooftops that we are also DEBT free.

Tonight was just one little tiny win, but I'm glad I decided to turn around. I look forward to growing even stronger in our understanding of how to be financially wise and generous with our money in the days ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Good job!!! Baby steps, Sis... :) I'm proud of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also -- I always love any chance we get to hang out during the day -- I'm happy you've had so much work the past few months...but I secretly always love when you have a day off and we get to spend a few hours together, too. thanks for hanging out with Levi the other day so I could get my hair cut. thanks for loving those boys of mine. they love you too.

    ReplyDelete