Friday 6 March 2015

10 for 10

My Baby is 10 weeks old...
Dear Malachi, 
Here's the things I have loved about the past 10 weeks:
10. I love when your head rests on my shoulder....mostly this happens in the middle of the night. Usually during the day your neck is up straight so you don't miss a thing...you love looking around.
9. I love the way you purse your lips when you are sleeping. 
8. I love how connected you are to your Daddy. He can instantly calm you down. You love being high up on his shoulder, or snuggled in next to him or staring at him on Saturday and Sunday mornings when he doesn't have to go to work. 
7. I love your smile. Your eyes so bright, your darlin little cheeks, your coos. 
6. I love the way you smell after a bath, not to mention how cute your spiky hair is. 
5. I love how good you are to let people hold you...but you should know that Mama's arms ache for you when someone takes you away from me for too long.
4. I love the way you stare at us when we are eating our supper. I love how you usually let us eat most of our food before you fuss :)
3. I love holding you in my lap and reading books to you. I love teaching you how to play with your toys and making you smile when I change your diaper. 
2. I love how you are mine. I love how I get to spend all day with you. I miss you even when I spend the whole day with you. Even when I am making supper, all I want to do sometimes is snuggle you.
1. I love that you are the greatest little adventure I ever have had. I was scared to be a Mama. I was nervous to be 100% responsible for you. I was anxious about not knowing how to be the perfect Mama...but I am YOUR Mama..and from the first second I laid eyes on you I knew that I was going to do my best to be the BEST Mama for you. I love you so very very very much. 

1 comment:

  1. awww...this brings tears to my eyes...I love that you are a Mama...and I love that I get to watch it happen...what a sweet little boy you have - and what a great little Mama you are, Erin. I'm so proud of you!! I love that baby boy so much!

    ReplyDelete