Friday 8 May 2015

Sunshine for days!

Well my little darlin is fast asleep! He's been coughing and pretty nasal-y lately, but it hasn't hindered his mood! He's the happiest little guy! I wish I could bottle up all his screeches, coos and talking! I've been trying to record them, but really, it's nothing like the live show! I love that guy!

He is 19 weeks old today! Wowza! I can hardly believe its been that long, and as much as I can remember that early newborn stage...it even feels like so long ago. I held a darlin little newborn the other day and another baby who was a little over a month and I couldn't believe the difference! They are so fragile and tiny! I am so glad Malachi is growing into his long body.
(First walk in the full on sunshine, no blankets...and a few seconds later no SOCKS!)

Besides loving being a Mom, I am thrilled that the long, snowy winter is over. I'll never forget this winter. It was definitely the BEST of my life! So many cozy days together, so, so SO much snow though! It just this week finally completely melted. I surprised Danny with having our deck all set up for the summer when he got home so him and Malachi could get a little snuggle in!
From this 2 weeks ago:
To this 2 days ago:
We are blessed to have these two special (Grand) Mothers who love Malachi (and us too)
 and the more I realize how true the quote is---
“Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ” 

My reflections on being a Mom change almost every day. I sometimes can't help tears from falling when its difficult to express just how much I love my boy. I have enjoyed every single day with him. I find it hard to talk about Mother's Day because for some its a day of reminder that they are waiting for many different things. I am excited though to celebrate my first one. Mostly I can't wait to go for a drive and grab a Starbucks and be with my two fave people! The role of Mama is one that I honestly wasn't anticipating as much as I was anticipating being a Wife...but my life will never, EVER be the same without these two guys who gave me both roles. So happy Mother's Day to all who celebrate their own Moms, may it be filled with love and comfort to all.

My prayer of thanks for the heritage both Danny and I have and for what Malachi has.
Psalm 71:5-6
O Lord, You alone are my hope. I've trusted You, O Lord, from childhood.
Yes, You have been with me from birth;
from my mother`s womb You have cared for me. 

1 comment:

  1. oh I'm so happy you're a Mama - and such a happy one, with such an amazing little darling boy to love...there is nothing that quite compares to all the feelings that come with being a Mama ( I assume being a Daddy is similar, but...not quite the same!) - and to be able to have this gift is...just that: a gift...I know it is a privilege - a challenge (if you haven't felt it yet...you will...not to be negative, but...its just true! lol) - but it is the most amazing thing, to see these little people - products of you and your husband - its amazing...I'm so glad you got to be a Mama - I'm so happy I get to watch you do this, get to be a part of it...get to love that little boy (almost!) as much as you do! haha....he's quite a special little boy ,that's for sure...you know we adore him!! you're a great Mom, Erin - I hope we can always be such a part of each others' lives and each other's families...what a gift to live so close and to be able to spend so much time together. I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete