Wednesday 4 January 2012

Another resolution

Well I also want to start making healthy delicious meals for me (and Dan!). I really do love to make yummy food, but last month was a pretty dry month for me financially and I find that everytime I WANT to make something it requires me to buy a million ingredients....so that gets kinda pricey. I found another really sweet blog ( http://www.skinnytaste.com/ ) and there are tons of tasty recipes on it and today I made this one (pumpkin banana nut bread)....so.....let me tell you how it turned out:
  • I don't have a picture, but I'll try to describe how it looked...I made 2 loaves and they were very thin and tiny
  • It smelled delicious, but not overwhelmingly delicious
  • It tasted pretty good, but definitely had that "i'm fat free" flavour to it, so I would recommend a yummy topping or butter....unless you push through and just try to enjoy the fat-free-ness of it!
  • I would rate it a 3 out of 5 but it definitely was worth the try!
I am also trying to memorize verses this year....I have this one pasted on my bulletin board and I have mostly memorized it but I think it will be a goal of mine this year to really meditate and reflect on it and hopefully it will sink and and help me live a richer and happier daily life.
1 Timothy 6:11
...but you, (Erin), belong to God: so run from all those evil things, and follow what is right and good. Pursue a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.

PS. Still reading my book ( The Centurion's Wife)....there's a wedding happening...that's all I'll say about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment