Friday 6 January 2012

Other inspirations....

“True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less. ”
Timothy Keller
One of the most inspirational people I have ever (not) met is Dr. Tim Keller. I have spent hours this month listening to sermons and one that I listened to (twice---once as I fell asleep and then again when I was more awake) this afternoon is blessed-self-forgetfulness !!!There is a reason I needed to listen to it twice, its because as another pastor once said "single people are the most selfish of all". I have realized more and more since being in a relationship how easy it is for me to look at myself and see myself through the eyes of someone else and just feel utterly disappointed with how I am. I really do. And then when I listen to Tim's sermons, they always remind me (as well as other sweet friends/family's echoing thoughts) that "its not about me"....
ok I need to let that sink in....
.....but I do love that quote....it's not about thinking that I am a horrible person, or even the opposite...to rationalize my behaviour away and say, oh...maybe I am not that bad compared to someone else....
its simply.....
thinking of self.....less.

So.....another resolution would be for me to think of myself less, and in turn...
think of others more.

1 comment:

  1. I always love reading your thoughts. I'm happy you now have 2 blogs!! So, let me borrow that book when you finish it!! (even though I just gave you back a bunch of books I hadn't read yet!) oops!

    ReplyDelete