Friday 7 December 2012

3 Gifts from My Saviour

Well...I am not going to make all my December gifts a blog post, but I thought I should set my mind and heart on this one especially on my blog! I was thinking how wonderful it is to see the whole world at least acknowledging the gifts of the Saviour around this time of year, even if we aren't allowed to blatantly say His Name or even tell His story outright in some places! But the songs sure do, and the spirit sure does, so we are all blessed to have this time of year to just feel and hear about Love, Joy and Giving.

I just drove home and one of the houses I drove past had a HUGE "J-0-Y" sign right on their lawn in front of their bushes! I hope my eyes will always be drawn to see and notice this for the season that they have this there! Isn't it lovely!

1. My first gift: Assurance. I have to say that this month I am definitely aware of the assurance of knowing and being known by Jesus. I definitely need this. I don't always FEEL it, but at the end of the day I do trust that this life I have been given is mine, that things are happening for a reason and purpose, and that even in the darkness or even in the light that I am loved by Jesus.
2. Second gift: Love! I feel so thankful for my true love! I can't believe I have finally found him! I hear that Enrique song all the time, you know...."FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY found you"....and it always makes me think of me and Dan! He is even starting to say its OUR song too! HAHAH But I am so thankful that I have such a good, kind, HANDSOME!, sweet, loving and amazing best friend! I thank God for the gift of friendship and companionship and love that I find in Danny.
3. Third gift: My sister bought me an EggNog Latte from Starbucks. I was having a pretty discouraging work week, and just actually went to file some things in a government office....and spending those moments with my sister and her kids (and a surprise 5 minute hangout with our little bro) was such a pick me up! Plus its the first time I ever tasted this kind of drink! I probably wouldn't have ordered it, but I realllllly liked it!

(And I DO want to shout out to my sweet friend Marissa...but I know her as Missy (From http://becomingkindred.com/) As she is one of my favorite blogs to read! I love her series on the Advent, I love her stance on things like Christmas lights---read about it here, I love her cooking and crafting ideas (Gluten free and Living Naturally), and I think her three baby girls are some of the cutest in the world!!! Thanks for reading me, when I get around to blogging, Missy!!!

1 comment: