Wednesday 12 December 2012

Christmas Cheer

I really love Christmas. I really really look forward to the months before, and I really feel sad when its over. Dan likes teasing me about that, but its part of the Bredin history...we all feel a bit sad on Christmas night. We like the anticipation, the hopes, the excitement that leads up to that magical day. But, really what I love is how the world around me really gets bright, cheerful and loving. I love the celebrations at work and home and that people are looking out for eachother. I love shopping and watching people as they look at this item or the next and think....they are probably trying to find the PERFECT present for that someone they love! (I don't like grumpy people who push and shove and get impatient with the salesclerks, but I will try to pretend they are rare!!)

I love Christmas with children. I love spending time with my nieces and nephews and even though its exciting to think and dream about what they WANT for Christmas....how could they not with the wishbook and Toys R Us flyers all around them...but I love to hear little voices saying what they want to GIVE....and this was seen even at our Christmas Concert on Sunday...we went down the line and asked the kids what they loved about Christmas and the last little guy said he loved giving presents to his sister....and you should have heard the "Awwww"s allover the church.

Anyways. I have been discouraged. Writing is such a venting place for me and my blog has traditionally had moments of being "Debby Downer" in the past. But today I just feel like Jesus is reminding me of the REASON for the season....not just the season but for LIFE. The joy and excitement I feel at Christmas to love and give is usually just amped up, but I do feel those things all through the year! I just love that the world joins in and really celebrates Love and by default Jesus---sometimes without even knowing they are!

And I do love Santa too. What a guy!!

3 comments:

  1. I love Santa, too. I love the idea of him and his kindness and magic!! I love Christmas too!! Can't wait 'til you get your butt over here and we can make some CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa IS pretty great...and you know what else is pretty great!? Being engaged! Can't wait to read THAT blog post:) Yipppeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you could come do some baking with me...I think my heart will ache forever on how much I miss. BUUUUTTTT engagement post please!!!!!

    ReplyDelete