Tuesday 26 March 2013

HE is the Center!

Oh this past little season in my life has been an "interesting" time to say the least! There have been moments of awareness and present-ness....of feeling like the moment would NEVER pass...that the pain and uncomfortable conflict would just continue to build like those waves that just won't let up...

and then seasons of trying to push it all away and cover it with something...ANYTHING....maybe it was watching a full TV series of Drop Dead Diva....thats right...SERIES....It got me through some dark days! (funny show too!!!)

...and then days of just pure Joy and Excitement and just feeling connected to the world and the community and people...hearing from friends and connecting with acquaintances ..and sharing hearts and learning how to encourage people in the ways that really reach past the surface conversations...

This season has brought me into being counseled in my finances, marriage, friendships, church relationships and at times...even dealing with some dysfunction in friendships and family relationships!!

Some of this season has been just building really strong bonds and ties with my best friend Danny. Building memories, sharing meals, playing video games, spending time with Dan's (and mine almost) new nephew William, playing with other nephews, going to church, skipping church one week, buying a new car, rescuing that new car from the ditch mere hours later from a black ice scare (ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGES...Praise the Lord).....Knowing Danny has made my life fuller and better and harder....but its even beyond THAT.....

This is a season that Christ has been present. He's been there hovering near and standing beside and encouraging from within and leading in front and protecting from behind and holding my hand and listening to my prayers and seeing beyond my selfishness and through all the places this season has taken me---- He's Here. He's Alive.

It's almost EASTER. I love Palm Sunday. I had the privilege of teaching this beautiful story to the kids in Sunday School this week. This story is so precious to me. Our Saviour had His OWN seasons of discomfort, of dysfunction within His family and friends, of encouraging masses and being hated by masses, of acceptance of a few and total rejection from many.
Palm Sunday shows that His humility is what separates Him from all other gods and idols that humanity worships. He came on a donkey's colt. His donkey walked on top of palm branches and people's coats and He was celebrated by people who would turn on Him days later. He accepted their imperfect worship even though He knew who and what they were truly made of.

I am not the center of my story.....(even though I often let myself be....)
HE IS.
HE IS HERE.
HE IS RISEN.
HE IS TO BE CELEBRATED.
HE IS THE CENTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment