Friday 15 March 2013

Things that are good!!!

There are a few things that are good these days!

One of them is that I am starting to get my spark for wedding planning back! I am always subconsciously planning in my head but sometimes I'm avoiding it too. Its very overwhelming and expensive to plan a wedding...but I'm trying to just own the fact that our wedding will be very US. The ideas and plans that we have aren't fancy but they are things that we can make happen and I'm trying not to be too insecure about that. I've been reminded by a few different people to really just enjoy the planning and the stage I'm in and to remember that the reason I'm getting married is because I love my best friend and I want to spend the rest of my life loving him! So....the details aren't my favorite part of it all but I really do want to have a nice fun sunny day with the people I love the most in the world...and that does require planning so I'm trying to get back into it!! (ps. Thanks to my BIG GIANT PINK PLANNER given to me by one of my dearest friends and bridesmaid!!! Kristin!)

I've enjoyed being with my nephews lately! Last week I had a Jonah and Erin afternoon. We had the funnest time and he was thrilled to be at my apartment! He hasn't come over here much so its quite a treat! hahah I don't know why because there isn't much to do for kids here, but he packed his mini sticks, coloring books and Clubhouse magazine and that kept us entertained for awhile! We also made yummy chocolate chip with M&M's too! And Levi is such a cuddle bug and his little voice when he sings.....na, na, naaaaah.....so sweet and cute! We have all been sick but I think we are on the mend!

I have enjoyed reading and thinking about marriage. I have a few books on the go but they are usually bang on with what I need to hear or learn so I'm trusting that I will finish them all before the wedding! haha But I'm sure I'll be referencing them all for the rest of my life. Our marriage counseling has been intense but so good. I'm so glad we got a really good couple to do that with.

Sunday School is as sweet as ever. We are learning from the Beattitudes.....last weeks was Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness.....yes....that is a big theme these days!

I'm looking forward to seeing some of my favorite people in the world during my wedding week! I seriously am sooo overwhelmed that people are travelling HERE to see ME (and Dan hahah)!!! I am sooo happy about that! Its a big deal and when I try to even comprehend the costs....it makes me wish I could fly everyone here and have everyone stay in a comfortable cottage for free! I wish!

There are plenty of things that are breaking my heart and spirit these days...but I'm trying to look on the bright side of things...in this moment, at least!

I CANT WAIT TO GET MARRIED TO THIS GUY!

1 comment:

  1. awww, sweet little sistie...you are awesome. I love you so so much...so happy to have you in my life and to be walking through it together...you're a huge huge part of my little boys' lives, and i am incredibly grateful for that -- thank you for loving them -- and loving me so well!!!

    ReplyDelete