Wednesday 11 December 2013

My Christmas Devotional: The Greatest Gift


Book Review: The Greatest Gift ( link:My Christmas Devotional)
I have really been blessed with this book and the few times I've perused her website. She has also made video blogs about the Advent Sundays: Hope and Peace, so far. 
Full Disclosure: I do find her very poetic and flowery so I do sometimes skim a bit, and not everyone will connect to her style of writing or expressing herself, but I truly do appreciate her heart and spirit. 

 Reasons why I love my new Christmas Devotional
I always struggle with making JESUS the priority of this most special month. 
I truly know that my heart and mind goes into overdrive of emotions all through this month....excitement, overwhelming ups and downs, financial strain, and the joys and stresses of having two families to squeeze into time slots, etc...We all know that there is GREAT joy that comes with Christmas but also some times of let down and sorrow...its just life. Hard things are always there.  So I have really benefited from this Devo that has Scripture, Poetic and Beautifully written devotional inspiration, Practical applications, and 3 journal questions to respond to. I plan to do it every year so I'm not writing directly in my book.

Last year I did this, and I'm a bit behind, but I think I will do it at random times and try to catch up because its NEVER too late to be grateful! I love reading what my sister journalled last year too, so I hope she also will join!!
December 11 Gifts: 3 gifts Ice Cold
*Snow covering my front and back yards
*My new fridge that keeps things the right temperature, and is a top fridge, bottom freezer! Plus its really shiny white and makes my kitchen (appear) cleaner!!!
*Chocolate Milk

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I miss my top fridge bottom freezer from BC - so much better. I love your heart Erin! Xo

    ReplyDelete