Wednesday 11 December 2013

These are a few of my favorite things: Christmas Version

There is absolutely NOTHING in the whole year that makes me feel quite as cozy as sitting in front of a colorful, memory filled Christmas tree. I've had my own Christmas tree for a few years now,  both by myself and with my roomie, but this little tree is the most special to me because its the first one of *THOUSANDS* I hope to have together with Danny.

I love ALL of my Christmas decorations. As you may have started to guess. I seriously sometimes just sit looking around the room and I am such a sentimental fool that I can literally name a memory with almost all the decorations I have (it helps that most of them were given either from my childhood memories or from special friends over the years). Even on my tree we have ornaments that Danny's mom gave him every year growing up, ones from when I was a little girl and even wedding gifts from my sisters! I love my little nativity sets. They are all special to me, and I love having the reminder of Baby Jesus, as the REASON for this beautiful season in all my rooms.
This heart reminds me of my dear friend Amanda, who is in Nova Scotia today. It's a little heart she gave me a few years ago when we were both DIRT poor. I remember thinking, what a lovely gift to give and its been hanging up all year around ever since. This year its especially precious to me because she's not here on PEI. I miss her and her boy and pray for them every day. The candle is just simply the best candle I've ever smelled. Kristi and I both have one and its a pepperminty vanilla smell that fills the air with Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment