Sunday 22 December 2013

Too excited to sleep!!!

Its my first Christmas that I get to celebrate  with my husband! I am a sentimental fool so this year is especially special for me! These are a few highlights from December, so far!!!

Things like:

*This is us right after we finished decorating the tree!

*Got to FINALLY see Kristin at Christmas and enjoyed some AMAZING treats at Ally's !
*Short but sweet visits with these two ladies!

 '
*Had this sweet family over for sups!

 
*Plug this in every morning as soon as I wake up!

*Went Christmas shopping with this handsome, patient man!

*Levi (My Little Christmas Nephew, almost 2) reading stories with Mammy!

*First time making Mom's butter tarts

*A Surprise visit to see Missy and this is our 8th year doing a Christmas exchange with my best friends from Prairie Bible College, and this year I got it hand delivered! It's SO SPECIAL TO ME!

OH Christmas! You are so close and I can't even sleep in this morning because I am too excited. I am finally done my shopping, and over spent as usual, but so excited for Dan to open all his gifts! I am looking forward to my brother arriving home (maybe even home now!!!) and want to truly enjoy this beautiful time celebrating Baby Jesus! Thank you for all the gifts you give!

Today's Gifts: 3 Gifts Angelic Song:
*my favorite app (SONGZA) makes incredible Christmas play lists that suit any kind of mood you are in!
*Christmas Music Faves: The Little Drummer Boy and this one too 
*My little nephew Levi's voice when he sings sounds like an angel to me!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Awww...I'm so excited for you, spending your first Christmas with your husband!!! It is a pretty amazing thing to be blessed to have a best friend to spend the holidays with...so special! And happy we are neighbours and get to spend lots of time together, too! love you, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, Erin.

    And I have to say I laughed at that picture of Dan waiting for you while shopping. His facial expression looks EXACTLY like Keith's after he has had to wait for me for a while in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, so much goodness in this post! I'm so glad that you like the nativity...maybe over the next twenty years, I can add more characters to it!
    I just made butter tarts too, modified from my mom's recipes...my fave Christmas treat!
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete