Wednesday 22 January 2014

One of my fave Rooms

I am very different from my husband. When he was a single guy working out west in a nickel mine, he would eat the same thing EVERY night. Pasta, grapes and a bag of chips! I mean...come on!!! He would pack the same lunch every day. It probably never even crossed his mind to rearrange his room. He is very adamant about not buying new shoes...because he doesn't need them! He only buys new clothes if I force him to and he doesn't need excitement or adventures! He welcomes them, but doesn't need them like I do! 

So a few things have changed now! hahah I can't stand having the same meal two days in a row! I usually freeze leftovers to avoid it! I have started to embrace the "easiness" of it though! Its VERY nice! I love packing Dan's lunch for him every morning! He may not need something different but its my mission to make his lunches delicious and nutritious! And we did buy him a new pair of shoes for running that are waiting patiently for the spring to come!! 

And rearranging furniture is the whole reason I am posting today! I just LOVE the feeling of moving things around! When I lived in the smallest room in the family, I loved putting the puzzle pieces together to make things fit and feel fresh in my room! I'm not sure my parents appreciated the scrapes and dents that sometimes occurred from doing it myself, but I LOVED the feeling when I was all done!

On Sunday, I decided it was the perfect time to do it in our living room! It wasn't the smoothest or fastest transition, but the end result is that we BOTH love it! And I have said Thank you a million times to Danny for the trouble it caused him of re wiring and resetting up all the speakers! He is such a good man!  

Here's the before and afters of it!!!

Old Way: complete with the cutest gamer you ever saw!
Because we have a sectional, there really is only about 3 ways it could possibly fit...

and only 2 have optimal viewing of the TV!!!

 
I've started a little collection of plants for my window! 
We broke up our sectional to create a little chair for the corner!!!

Now when we are on the couch we have a great view of the snowflakes falling, and we can easily shut our blinds so the neighbours can't peek in!

When we first looked at the house this little shelf had another shelf on top that was very dated! We removed the shelf and I now store my good china and glassware (haphazardly) in here for now! I am dreaming of a floor to ceiling barn wood bookshelf some day!

This bookshelf just simply is NOT big enough! But it will have to do for now!!! My entire bottom row is cook books! I have 3 faves that I use the most! One is childhood recipes from Dan's Mom, and childhood recipes from my mom and the other is a little red binder that my roomie gave me of all my recipe cards sorted into categories! I could do without the rest, but I'll keep them just in case!

Dan's a little embarassed of all the pictures of ourselves we have around the house, but I say, why not!!! I'm so happy with the engagement shots we got and I had them all framed for our wedding so I'll keep them until we get something to replace them!!

So thats our living room! Its definitely the place we spend the most time! I have loved the 3 seasons of being married so far! Summer was filled with outdoor adventures on our canoe, to the beach, camping and picnics! Fall brought us a few hikes, mowing the grass, and making arrangements from our weeds/flowers in our yard. Winter has brought us so many cozy nights of watching shows, playing games on our kitchen table and shovelling snow as need be!!! 

I am so thankful for our cozy little home! Don't look too closely because there are still so many little things we need to finish, but its the happiest place in the world to me! I am so thankful for 46 Hilltop Drive!


3 comments:

  1. aaww loved seeing this. You have fine china? fancy! now I expect to eat on it when I ever come over. also, I never rearrange! I feel like once I get the puzzle together in a way everything fits I don't want to mess with it. Good for you for being ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks awesome!! and I'm happy to know you BOTH love it!! :) and..it is soo fun re-arranging...I did the one major re-arranging we can possibly do this past weekend...and that's about it...my house is a puzzle that can pretty much only go one way!! haha. so fun though!

    ReplyDelete