Monday 13 January 2014

Pretty songs for January!

There has been 13 days of January. Each one filled with a January-ish kinda feeling! I always feel a bit down after Christmas. I was listening to this song as I was taking down the Christmas decorations on REPEAT for hours! seriously! I don't know why but it was the perfect kinda sadness as I was packing up! I absolutely loved my little tree! I loved every ornament. I did NOT love the millions of needles that I am STILL finding!!

I have been loving the app SONGZA and have been so grateful for their Christmas playlists and they have a million for every mood you could imagine! I have found some BEAUTIFUL tunes from this app or you can also use it on your laptop/desktop computer!!!

Here is another absolutely amazing tune that I listened to on Friday night while I was waiting for Danny and journalling a bit!!!

If I could only have one album to listen to for the rest of my life, hands down it would be this guy!!! Danny can't stand this music anymore because its all I want to listen to!! hahah

During Christmas season I was a little disappointed at the lack of REAL Christmas carols in the Advent Sunday services! I just adore that music and posted a few of my fave songs on FB but I have to say that the Little Drummer Boy is one of my fave Christmas tunes! Done right by: J Beibs and Bing and Bowie! I also love Silver Bells and On This Winter's Night by Lady Antebellum. I will always love this BEAUTIFUL...um I think I need another adjective!!! song by Sara and Ingrid called Winter Song!!! plus the video is adorbs!!!

I thought long and hard about the love songs that I wanted at my wedding! I made lists in my journals in high school and saved playlists on Grooveshark for years about the prettiest songs and imagined that I would use each and everyone of them somehow!!

The songs I ended up using were all pretty special: The one I asked my bridesmaids to be in my wedding was Us against the World by Coldplay and I will always think of those special 7 girls whenever I hear this song!! The girls all walked into this BEAUTIFUL!!! song by Sigur Ros Hoppipolla and I chose to walk down the aisle to my man to this song and I  mean this with all my heart: Àll this time I was waiting for you (Dan!)!

I just love pretty tunes! I remember hearing this one at the end of Scrubs and wanted to use it too, but didn`t end up!

Just wanted to document a few of my fave songs as of now!! I`m sure I`ll discover a few more!! Music is such a gift and I`m so thankful for BEAUTIFUL songs and the repeat button!!!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. You're cute for how much you love the repeat button...I'll have to check out some of your links to some of these songs you mention!! Music is a pretty special gift, that's for sure...there are so many songs that instantly take you back to a certain memory the moment you hear them...its so special having songs in your wedding that are special and will remind you of that beautiful day! Love you, sistie.

    ReplyDelete