Tuesday 28 January 2014

This is January.

Things we have enjoyed this first month of this new year of 2014.
Highlights:
*I have enjoyed having our family over for a few visits this month. Most of the visits revolve around the Wii!! but hey, I don't blame anyone at all!!! We even had Dan's cousins come over one Saturday afternoon and we had a ball with their little guys playing Wii!
Dan's Dad came two Saturdays to help us get the bathroom ready!!

And its official: We love Crepes!!! We missed Jay, but we had fun filling our crepes with fruit!


And of course, the main event this month at our house is the Wii that we borrowed! We can't say enough how much we have enjoyed and appreciated using this!!!
*Snow Days: We have had so many snowstorms this month! I have missed a few days of work because of it, but truly its a Canadians greatest joy to check Storm Watch and see that the schools and businesses and classes are closed for the day! As long as we get to stay home and enjoy a cozy day in our pjs watching our fave shows and movies!!!
Speaking of: Here's the new faves we have watched this month:
This show is just plain good. I can't say enough of how awesome this pair is! They are awesome.


Due to the fact so many people in both of our families are watching and LOVING this show, we totally fell for it hook line and sinker too! It took me a few eps to totally get into it but we have seriously watched all 3 seasons in less then a week! (the seasons are short, but the eps are a hour long!!)

This was recommended to me and I love it for so many reasons. Its a WELL DONE CANADIAN DRAMA. Seriously well done! Dan doesn't watch it with me unless I happen to be watching the tale end and he comes in! But I love it! Its a great show to get into. 

We like another show called Scandal, but I won't really advertise that I like it. Theres a bit of sketchy stuff! 

*Things that we do for fun in this snowy and cold month are: Games nights with our siblings! We had an epic night with Dan's sister and bro in law and played the following games in ONE evening: Carcisonne, Seven Wonders,  and Ticket to Ride! And we got our Settlers fix one Sunday night with Kris and Jay! The game Dan and I play in our free time on the X Box is called Might and Magic (its a puzzle game that is a mix of 4 in a row/Tetris) and I LOVE IT!!! and we also just recently got back into another 2 player board game called Bohnanza! I just love sitting at our kitchen table with Dan and playing a game! (I never win though..boo!!!)

* I have really enjoyed reading and journalling through a few blogs this month as well that are very encouraging: The first is called: 
1. Women Living Well: I didn't buy the book but I have really enjoyed journalling through some of the questions and thinking about this topic of being a Woman...who lives WELL!!
2. Donald Miller's Free Week of Life Coaching: Not everything in this week of life coaching is really extremely beneficial to me as I feel like I just did a bunch of personality profiles and goal setting through our marriage counseling last year, but its always a good thing to remind yourself of who you are and where you want to go! Plus I'm always curious about what life coaching really is, and this was a good taste from a cool guy who wrote some cool books so it was neat to be inside his head a little as he explained the process! 

*A few yummy recipes I have enjoyed this month are:
1. Chicken Sweet Potato Chili: Hands down the best thing I've ever made in my life!!!
2. Orange and Herb Turkey: Followed this to the T!!! It was my first turkey I brined with apple cider instead of the beer and Dan was VERY impressed!!!
3. DELISH Double Chocolate Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks: These seriously tasted like cake! haha Soo good though! My trick is to press the  white chocolate chunks in after they are on the cookie pan! They look alot nicer once they are baked!!! but do as you please!!!
( I've made another recipe once that was a bit more chewier by the Pioneer Woman: here)

Life really is filled with lots of goodness. I don't blog all the time but I regularly read lots of encouraging and inspiring blogs. Blogs that show me a few ideas for renovating, blogs about newlyweds and mamas and christian women, blogs about God and life and people! I like perusing them through the day! Its like browsing through a magazine and you never know what will pop up on your feed!

This month has had a few hard days and all through them as I (**Should...that is I am TRYING to***) cast my cares upon Jesus and also upon Danny, I realize there are many blessings to count each day. Many many beautiful memories are being made in my home. The best part of my day is when my best friend walks through my door! We are newlyweds, and we still have a lifetime of things to work out and work on, but when it all comes down to it, we are truly blessed to live together, spend most of our free time together and come home to eachother every single night. I know there are many women who don't get to do this so I am truly thankful. 

I am VERY excited to do a Love/February/Valentines post! My house has hearts sprinkled all over, and Danny just sighs when he spots another little "decoration" that I found!!! Can't wait to show you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment