Monday 22 September 2014

Wind and Twilight

I just love the weekends. I look forward to Friday afternoon when Dan walks in the door. I usually feel excited around that time of day but even more when I know we both won't have to work for 2 days! We had a great weekend of visiting and Dan got to play tons of vids with his best friends. We got to eat a delicious and I mean DELICIOUS FEAST! at the lobster suppers...here's what I ate: 2 fresh warm rolls, seafood chowder, mussels with butter, a few bites of potato salad, a full 1 lb lobster, and cherry pie with icecream for dessert.....um....SO SO FULL!!!!! It was so so so amazing though. I have never had such a luxurious meal. I have never gone on a cruise or been to a resort where food is served so extravagantly...sooo this was what I imagined it would have felt like if I ever had gone on one!! Yes I have had a million yummy homecooked meals, but this was just something unreal!!! Anyways, we had a good weekend...and now its Monday.

So as I sit here on a Monday evening. Here's what is happening in my home. My best friend is relaxing with a little game of his newly bought Video game. I am in the kitchen reading a bit of my Tim Keller book on Mark (Jesus the King)....and my deck sliding door is open. All I can hear is wind blowing through leaves (with a few gun shots from the game too, incidentally breaking through the peace!!) and I can't help but think that this moment is just a small breath of "fresh air" literally and metaphorically into our work week.

We are blessed and so thankful for our little, quiet life together. Sometimes I see it as a lazy life. Sometimes I see it as a busy life. But it is our life together as Erin and Danny. The presence of our baby is here (I can quite literally feel this little one pressing up against my stomach and kicking away) but for now we have a very peaceful existence. We get enough sleep each night, we can walk out the door with a moment's notice and we are even more in love then we were one year ago when we said our vows.

I pray to remember these moments. I love this guy so much it hurts. I am thankful for how God lead us together in our "old age" and when I think of how old we will be some day at our 30th or 40th anniversary...or as we joked this weekend---we hope we won't need wheel chairs to get into our children's graduations....we are truly blessed to have each other in this little life, right here. right now.

I just feel so blessed and thankful and pray that I will appreciate this stage of life even as I am quickly approaching another one in less then 3 months (EEEK!!!)
wish I could capture the sound of the wind, but this little pic will remind me of this evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment