Wednesday 24 September 2014

28 Weeks Large!!!

So my little one just keeps loving kicking and moving and I say, Bring it on! I love to feel the kicks and know that this one is healthy and just stretching in there! I got back the results of the Glucose Test and breathed in relief that I passed!!! We have not made too much progress in adding anything else to the baby`s room! We did buy a used pack and play and lots and lots of LEGO at 2 different yardsales! Those are two important things, right! We got a great stroller with an infant car seat too and I am looking forward to trying it out next Spring! So hard to imagine....

Best parts so far:
  • I have loved the steady movements and sometimes I can even feel the little body part briefly! 
  • I love collecting little things for the baby and getting ideas of how to decorate. I found lovely material for curtains, just haven`t actually bought it yet.
  • I love seeing Danny with his nephews and neices. And can't decide if I think we are having a boy or girl! 
  • I love watching him play with the boys, and they just ADORE him. The first thing they say when I walk in is "Where's Danny?" We had a sleepover with Jonah and Levi last Saturday and Dan and I learned a little about our parenting styles that night....it was a little rough at times but we had a great convo on Sunday. I am already aware I may be a bit controlling and helicopter-ish and Dan tends to encourage independence and doesn't like schedules or boundaries in play time...lol! He also is encouraging me to put all the colors of Lego together in one large bin...not sure if I'm ready for that yet, but I can see his reasoning! LOL.

  • But I also love seeing him play with his neices. He's so good at pretend. He gets right on the floor and pretends to be a cat. Last weekend we were at a soccer game with these girlies and one of them wanted to crawl on the field during half time looking for "Easter Eggs" and Dan joined in on the fun. I guess you could say my heart melted in a million pieces watching him play. He is so sweet and gentle with them and I know he will be such a great dad to a little girl as he has always encouraged my self confidence and deals amazingly well with all the emotions I carry inside! 

 
  • Either way, we are both excited to meet our little one. I got a shock and wave of fear/anxiety last weekend when I held my little nephew Matthew for awhile. I still can't believe we are going to be parents and keeping this baby! It will not be going home to someone else after a sleepover or a night of babysitting....I can't believe that I will be a Mama and Dan will be their Daddy...Dan on the other hand was so excited and was saying how he wished we didn't have to wait so long for our baby to come! He sure looks good holding a baby! 
  • Our little one is the size of an eggplant. I still haven't felt sick although I had a crazy cold for the last week or so. My back hurts a little each night but I get lots of back rubs, baths and use my trusty Magic Bag as needed. I have collected lots of maternity clothes from FB swap pages and kind friends and realized I had no idea what size I should be getting so some of my summer clothes weren't even used. I just got a bag of treasures from a girl and everything fits so that's great! I am enjoying subbing and have got so many well wishes from other teachers and little ones asking me if there is a baby inside my belly. So thankful for work. Honestly, it almost makes me cry sometimes when I think of how thankful and happy I am to work. I am glad I love going to work and that I am so grateful for every day I get to work. 
This past month I have been excited to hear and see a few other girls who are also in all different stages of motherhood and looking forward to learning from so many mothers in my life, especially my own Ma. I am so glad that I have so many wonderful examples and pray that I will be exactly who the Lord wants me to be as I raise this precious little one. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see you guys as parents!!! Its crazy how a child changes you -- changes your world, changes your home, your marriage...and that's not bad! its amazing. its incredibly exhausting and hard and draining and hard to figure out -- but so amazing, seeing a person who is literally part of you!! you will fall even more in love with Danny as you watch him love your baby. And it will astound you how much love you have inside you for your own baby -- I always thought I loved kids...but the depth to which I love my own shatters the love I have for other peoples kids. its amazing. I am so happy we live just around the corner and will get to really know your babe...I know I owe you many hours of babysitting!! ha! can't wait to love on your babe...and can't wait to see my boys love their new little cousin. I'm so excited for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete